MakeHuman For UPBGE

what do you think about makehumans as humanity in upgrading does it help a lot in making characters or is there someone who hasn’t been able to perfect the character in your game

I’m more inclined to Daz 3D studio - since facial morphs and body morphs there give more variability, as well as there are sets of free textures for characters and there is one addon decimate - to remove unnecessary polygons from models and objects. Models from daz studio I launched on UPBGE, even in a non-simplified form, 7-9 models can work normally in the scene, but hairstyles always need to be either greatly simplified, which is not beautiful, or baked in loy-poli models

please post some picture, your creation better Daz 3D studio then makehuman.

https://vk.com/video157464442_456239163
character models in this video from daz 3d studio, hair model bake because in original hair polygons size equal 140.000 polygons - very high size for hair

the best is to rip models from games :stuck_out_tongue: . They are game ready .

For makehuman, there’s an armature with facial bones if i remember. Daz models look less dead, but in all cases, the character has to fit with the world around. Not a big fan myself of pseudo-realistic models.

Try to get very lowpoly models. If your game struggle at 30fps with only 1 character on screen, you can imagine what it will be with a complete scene with 10 characters around.

This is 100% illegal though if you don’t have explicit permission from their creators’.

(psst rp; when you use it for personal uses, nobody knows and nobody cares)

Varian:

I tried to get Daz3D a while back and had bad luck.

I just checked and still have the “DAZ Install Manager” installed. But it just wouldn’t ever work for some reason.

Maybe I’ll uninstall it, and start over.

Any advice? Or, known "got-cha"s?

Thanks,
Cal

yes, there is a tip - you can download daz studio from third-party sites - this is quite legal since the daz studio is distributed for free - but you need to check the models for a license if you want to use them for games or your movies - you can buy models on the daz studio website or on third-party sites, or download them for free at all when there are sales or authors, I post free access. Below I’m dropping a link to one of the sites where you can download everything
https://shadowcore.ru/characters/page/139/

2 Likes

Well, I guess I’m bummed.:frowning:

I discovered DAZ while I was looking for an alternative to MakeHuman - a product that I am very happy with.

But, being a humble hobbyist, it appears that I just don’t have the equipment to pull it off.

Boo-hoo. DAZ makes some AMAZING humans!

I’m just one lottery ticket away…

Thanks for listening,
Cal

i try and dont know installed so hard {DazCentral}

it stop running install…

chould i download all assets?

i try another think.realllusion