Making a baked liquid mesh 'real'

Hi all, I’ve simulated some liquid to use in another scene, as I needed a puddle of goo. My problem, first of all is that I only want to use frame 25 of the simulation, not a major problem as I can just skip to that frame. However, by that frame I can’t actually see the l;iquid anymore, no matter what I set the preview res to. Also I cannot subsurf the liquid. How can I make that one frame into a real mesh that I can see and manipulate?

Ta!

I have never tried it for a fluid simulation, but the way to convert things to mesh is Alt+C command. Not sure if it will work here but worth a shot.

hmmm for some reason that makes blender crash…

Yep, every time, without fail, whether I choose to keep the original mesh or not…

Just tried it in the scene with just the liquid, and it doesn’t crash there, so it might be a memory issue. However, it doesn’t do what I want it to, and I’m still left with the same problems…

Do you need this for a still image or do you need an animation? In the first case there is a script (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Fluid_Simulation scroll to the bottom of the page) that can pull the needed frame of the bakes simulation cache.