making a product shot 2.5a1

Doing some layout work, and I’m trying to figure out how to do this layout (will be several different DVD products later on). Working on the layout and the lighting.

Also, I thought there was a way to only reflect what’s in the reflective surfaces layer. Not in 2.5a1?

Attachments

I think it looks good…but than I am a noob …sry man…

I will say the layout is ok…just the two at the right end…they seem out of sync with the group…

Maybe if they continued the forward face thing and came at the viewer at the end there…

the only other thing is …it is kinda hard to read the smaller print when its laying so flat…

maybe a small tilt toward the camera…

Like I said…total noob…

Looks real good so far tho…

Do you think it’s hard to read in the full size image? or just in the mini image? it will likely be an animation when it’s said and done (SD Widescreen), so it shouldn’t be the small image that the thumbnail is.

In 3D Studio Max 4 (the really old version), they used to have a matte material that would only receive reflections or shadows. Whatever was not a shadow or a reflection could be considered transparent. I went looking for this option in Blender. 3D Studio Max had the feature 9 years ago, so I thought for sure Blender would have it in it’s current incarnation. Were you ever able to find the answer to your post? I believe we are looking for the same thing.