With 64bit versions of Ubuntu and Linux Mint, Blender games will fail with the message:
error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I don’t know the exact reason for this, it would be nice if someone could fix it.
But here is a workaround:
- Export your game to some folder
- The export makes a folder called ‘2.71’ create a subfolder called ‘ffmpeg’
- Copy /usr/lib/blender/ffmpeg/2.2/lib to this new folder (game/2.71/ffmpeg)
- Create a shell script with the following inside it:
#!/bin/bash LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./2.71/ffmpeg/" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH exec "./gamename"
- Make the script executable
- Run the script to start your game.