Making this Texture Realistic

Hey all :slight_smile:

I’m working on modeling a simple book. The modeling portion is all done, but texturing it is giving me a run for my money.

The side of it is simple enough, and I’ve gotten this far:

It’s not terrible, but it’s not great. Here’s my node setup for what’s shown above:
Just a simple diffuse image texture, normal map, specularity map, and occlusion map

My question is how would I make this texture more realistic. I’m new to texturing and what not, so feel free to share your tips, tricks, and advice into how you texture effectively.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

i would straighten out the image texture. I have an app that does it, if it’s not too gigantic you can post it. also I would add some curvature to the vertical edges so it looks like the pages are slopping over a bit.

Hey Modron, thanks for the response! Unfortunately the texture is too big to be uploaded. Is the app you use free? What is it called?

no, there may still be a free version, but the one I have is the pro version, and the free version won’t handle large textures. however i do recall that there are other apps that do this. gimp may have the ability to do it.

I do have gimp! Thank you for your help!