Makise Kurisu (Steins;Gate Fan Art)

A 3D model of Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate, my favorite anime.
This character model was originally for a school folder assignment, but I felt that the original environment was rushed to finish the exam. So I wanted to make a new rig and make a new render! :blush: I think the new result is more visually interesting.
Original Sketchfab version: https://skfb.ly/6Xo7Z

Made with Blender and Krita. Rendered in Eevee.

24 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :grin: I wish you a great weekend too!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Aaaa thank you! :star_struck: It’s truly an honour :heart: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Steins;Gate?! Nice! Great work on the character. Your turnaround animation is a little fast through. If you haven’t check it out yet, Blender has a Camera Turnaround Addon already built in to the app. Just check the Blender Add-ons.

Also I love the hair! Again, great work!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :grin: That Addon is great. I agree with the turnaround; what I was thinking in the moment was that it was the best way to kind of hide how the three hair strands added for the final render didn’t match the style seen from behind :sweat_smile: Maybe I should re-render! :blush:
Thank you!

I really like it. Great action pose. Makes me want to see Steins Gate. The materials have just a nice balance for anime quality. I like the still better though. Would be nice to see a traditional turntable, but keep the background constant with the spinning cogwheel and maybe slow the rotation of the wheel down a bit.

1 Like

Thank you! :grin: Me too - the still was the focus and the turntable something I threw together more quickly - I should have spent more time on it! Thank you very much for the comment and critique! I like the idea of doing one slower with a constant cog wheel

I can wholeheartedly recommend the series! It has an intriguing, almost slice of life/mystery start, and a greatly done tone shift about halfway trough where it becomes more intense

such a cute girl
nice work

1 Like

Thank you so much! :grin: