Manual arrived today!!!

[quote=“halfgaar”]

What do you think about the armatures tutorials on page 270 (approx). On page 269, figure 44, a wrong leg-rig is displayed. Can you make that out?[/quote]

I can make it out but I agree that it is very difficult. Maybe “negligible” was not the right word. I wanted to express that I can use the book despite the brightness. But of course it would be better with correctly shaded images.

Got mine today!

The armatures are the only thing that really bother me in terms of shading.

–Colin

Hey, this first run will be the collectable edition!
The ones that make it to the book stores will be the generic unsigned “perfect” edition. No collector value what so ever. :slight_smile:

I’m still waiting for mine here. Should come any day now.

Yeah right. That is why I bought mine, the collector value.

Well i got mine today.

so i guess the manual has reached the far corners of the earth.

i was actually suprised to find that the screen shots were not too bad afterall.

however i was a little disapointed that the “character animation” section was the worst bit :’( (because that was the main section i wanted)

but LOL, i guess fate is fate, obviously i am not meant to do character animation :stuck_out_tongue: ha ha ha ha

i will probably be able to sort somthing out about that.
(maybe the seciton is on the CD, or available on PDF)

p.s. i noticed that S68 put nearly every single animation of his on the cd :wink: (trying to fill up 750Mb were we :p) but yeah some of the stuff in there is fantastic.

i think the book should help :smiley:

Alltaken

The ox continues to wait for the book… :o

arrived… yesterday…

Yeah right. That is why I bought mine, the collector value.[/quote]

just a bad joke nuance9.
I’d rather not get all bummed about the pictures after waiting this long.

Yeah right. That is why I bought mine, the collector value.[/quote]

just a bad joke nuance9.
I’d rather not get all bummed about the pictures after waiting this long.[/quote]

No worries, rwv01. Everyone sure is polite around here sometimes!

My conclusions after waiting for the book for 10 days: europe is larger than half the globe. Proof: 1) new zealanders have got their books 2) new zealand is on the other side of the globe from amsterdam 3) i have not yet got the book 4) i live in estonia, the eastern-most european country.

About the collectors value of the signed book, maybe there’s something to do on eBay about this. If you’re not satisfied with the over exposed pictures, you can probably sell the signed book for more than what it cost you and get a new one when it reprints.

Martin

Aren’t the books personally signed?

You’re right, that would cut down the value a bit. Still, maybe there’s a market for that kind of things.

Martin

just got a ring… it arrived today :smiley: cant wait to get home…

You’re right, that would cut down the value a bit. Still, maybe there’s a market for that kind of things.

Martin[/quote]

By the time it takes to get here I’ll be collectible, antiquated and I’ll have time to become famous. Biding starts at 1 000 000 yens.

Jean

LOL

The only mail that ever arrives on time for me is bills and they’re always too early!

I GOT IT!!! WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I can’t express how excited I am.

I’m in Alberta, Canada, btw.

Looks AMAZING!!! And while the pics are a little light, they are TOTALLY readable!!! and I got a CD!!!

WOOOOOO!!!

NO OTHER STUFF TODAY :D:D:D:D.

Thank you so much to everyone involved in the production of this manual. It is everything I hoped for and more!!!

Cheers,

b01c

were would someone such as myself get the manual?

Nathan:

http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/

b01c

block01cube wrote:

I GOT IT!!! WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I can’t express how excited I am.

I’m in Alberta, Canada, btw.

hey, maybe they can get it over the mountains by friday :smiley: :smiley:

lilo