Manuel Bastioni Lab is officially abandoned :(

(icyou520) #1

I am not sure why @Manuel never mentioned this here to get some traction for the funding, but it looks as if he is done supporting it.

Here is his official word on it

This was also posted in the official Manuel Bastioni Thread but I feel it may get lost.
OG Thread

(English is not my native language) #2

This is sad. Support for that project was more than deserved, especially by the people who were using it professionally.
Perhaps it lacked better publicize the campaign for funding? Had any new thread been opened about it in the forum? Did the news appear in Blender Nation?

(icyou520) #3

It looks like he only posted on his website and Facebook. Not sure why he didn’t post here.

(ChameleonScales) #4

@Manuel, dude, I was totally unaware, this tool you’re creating was about to serve me for big projects in the years to come. I would definitely have supported it financially the way I could.
These news suck woodsticks.
I honestly think there have been branding and marketing issues from the beginning. The work you’ve put in the add-on is outstanding and this outcome is really undeserved but it may have been different if those issues were addressed upfront.
Is there no way it could be reborn under a different branding and different perspectives?
After all, 2.8 is a good time for rebirth of projects.

(yakuzakazuya) #5

I would buy MBL 1.7 if it was an add on for 2.8. I hope this is not the end of MBL.

(Safetyman) #6

This is horrible. I didn’t know about funding options or I would definitely have contributed when I could. I was really looking forward to the new features.

@Manuel please don’t give up on this project.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #7

I was totally aware of this situation and reached out to @Manuel to see if I can help with extra attention from BlenderNation. Happy to help, I know this project has many fans!

(English is not my native language) #8

@Manuel, give another opportunity to the funding campaign, but this time with better publicity and communication.
Many people do not even use Facebook for these days. Even entering the Lab site on Facebook, it is difficult for me to find the news of the campaign for funding.

(burnin) #9

IMO, a company, a team effort could make it work. As most of such solo projects are just doomed (all for the same reasons).

Anyways, stay great.

(ChameleonScales) #10

@manuel Not a video announcing the campaign on your Youtube channel, not a post in blender.community, not a post here on BA, not even an RSS feed on your website. There was just no way I could’ve been aware of the campaign other than manually checking your website twice a week.
I ban twitter and facebook from my internet life and use free and open source alternatives. More and more people are doing the same, especially people who use free and open source software (like Blender) so please give them a chance to follow the news of your open source project!

(noki paike) #11

@manuel I’m “proge” from kino3d.com I remember where it all started ten year ago or so on …
do you remember the first humanoid obviously ugly and badly done for the project? :grin:
^ _ ^