map transparency in a non plane object

Hi i’m modelling a bowl (like this http://www.int3d.com/3dmodels/i90005.html)
I want to U/V texture it with a transparent texture. The transparent texture works on a plane so it’s ok but when i map it in the bowl it doesnt work, no transparency in the bowl. It maps the texture but with no transparency. i think i have to use u-From window but it didn’t work, i also tried U-Cylinder and U-Sphere but didn’t work.
The same texture looks transparent if i map it in a plane but in the bowl it is mapped because i see in the bowl the color of the texture but no transparency, how can i make the bowl transparent??

for a transparent texture, you need to make sure it has an alpha channel and select the alpha button in the UV draw settings or click the add button in the UV draw settings.

But do i need to do anything else for mapping a transparent texture in a bowl?? I’m using the same texture I selected the alpha button for the bowl, but i see no transparency in the bowl, i do the same things in the plane with the same texture and it works

Did you make sure you set ALL the faces of the bowl transparent? When you click the alpha button, it only sets the active face to be alpha. Click copy drawmode to copy the alpha to all the faces.

THAT WAS THE PROBLEM!!! THANKSSSSSSSS!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: