Maritime routes downloads:

Ilfracombe.
Use at your own risk.
Not for commercial use.
sailing-flat tfgh
B

If using windows 10, the details/readme in each route will no longer open. The same simple terms apply to each route. Use at your own risk - not for commercial use.I am considering altering every route with wordpad removed and making the keyboad keys standard in each route.

I decided might as well complete the ‘jouney’ by sea. Three more to reach Lands End. Quite large this one 40975 meters.
Should abybody decide to ‘modernise’ the era and area perhaps make a sceenshot as would be interesting to see. Especially steam ships with smoke from funnels.

1 Like

Bude removed as required some work.
I was going to upload the other 3 but decided otherwise.

landsend
Lands End,

1 Like

At this point I have now completed all that I decided to make on the West coast of England. It is case of concentrating mainly on what interests me apparently.

Steamships I think are too complex for me to make and need the larger docks. Also keeping to under 5 meg limit. I have made a series of routes following along the coastline from the Solway Firth down to amost the tip of England.

I am conidering concentrating on sailing barges. Similar to sailing-flats but with leeboards to prevent drift and sails a bit different. They have a shallow draught so suitable for shallow water and barge docks.

I am keeping to 2.79b and the Blender Game Engine. The next area will probably be the Bristol Channel, South Coast, Thames and East Coast. Size of routes will be probably very small around 15 km, possibly a little more if I remove the seabed and replace with flat sheet.
B
P.S. I think this will be the answer as endless routes could be made using the creeks and river systems. Just been reading up about them. I would need to make a few different sizes.

your father was a sailor ?

No relatives were sailors. This forum is limited as regards simulations. About 15 years back or more I I started with Blender after using gmax making content for Trainz train simulator. These were ships on invisible track and docks. Then used Virtual Sailor sailing simulator and then used Ship Simulator forums when it started.

Very few commercial ship simulators left now .
Blender was easy to use as regards Making routes and content and eventually found out how to use the game engine.
So it works fine for making interactive ship routes. At least 2.79b does.

B
P.S. I will carry on with the schooners, etc following the coastline around Britain. About quarter of the way so far.

Just to clarify maritime routes downloads. I only make for BA maritime routes with a maximum limit in size below 5 megabyte.
They are free and you can add or alter them to your own liking.
Only terms are not for commercial use and use at your own risk.

I try and inlcude some of the harbours and docks as they were perhaps a century or up to about two centuries ago. Mainly the age of sail. To keep within a 5 megabyte download I need to prune out much of the material.
Once I finish about 3 of the larger size routes already made I am going to return to a smaller size of about 15 km if possible.
Some of the routes will just be coastline, some routes may not have harbours.I have decided as they are free you can alter them to your own liking so won’t be including further scenario as not necessary for simulations.

Even if only one or two people are interested that is also OK.
It is also about the past ages and bygone times as I regard the past as important as the future (smile)

Barry

Bude is the latest edition.
No harbours on this stretch of coast as far as I know.
Used the schooner ijkl
A large size route.
Total 36 routes for download each below 5 meg
Next Newquay then ‘Lands End’ at the tip of England.

B

[If using windows 10, the details/readme in each route will no longer open. The same simple terms apply to each route. Use at your own risk - not for commercial use.I am considering altering every route with wordpad removed and making the keyboad keys standard in each route.

Newquay uploaded. Next route is Lands End. Maybe later today. Total 37 with New quay
Most of these larger size routes are basic, some with photo texure. All with drivable vessel/s mainly sail.
Newquay uses the sailing flat tfgh. If the schooner it is ijkl
After ‘Lands End’ and the ‘Lizard’, I will see if I can make future routes at 15 km with more details.

ba30newquay.zip (3.7 MB)

‘Lands End’ the tip of England.
I think the 35 km routes are just too large to continuw with and will delet the last three. I can contimue with 15km to 20 km to replace them.
Thanks B

To complete the routes previously made I added the ‘lizard’ at the tip of England. Basic texure. drivable sailing flat tfgh.

The Lizard route also too large so best removed.
B

There are 3 Scottish routes made so far as part of the 39.
With no requests for scenarios over many months I will forget that idea. I will consider what to do next.

Barry

Hi,

Do you use any algorithm to find the shortest path in case you put time variability (up to completely impassable) between the checkpoints ?

I am afraid don’t understand that.
I just keep everything simple.
As long as Blender opens and runs them using 2.79b.
With timeline I position boat twice at beginning, and at end of preset route and set timeline 0 and 3600 and boat travels 10 miles at about 10 miles an hour when logic editor set.

There are 39 routes should anybody want to experiment and ‘improve’ them. To make them downloadable size needs to be below 5 meg zip file. As mentioned endless scenarios could be created especially by people more knowledgable than me. (smile).

Thanks B

used when you want ur AI to find in real time the shortest path in a dynamic network.

example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dijkstra's_algorithm

I had a look at the link.
I think the sailors of 1800 are happy enough as long as they have plenty of grog. (smile)B

Considering how to proceed. With probably little to no interest on the forums in real life simulations I think the main thing is to make something that with enough interest that I can return to.
Many of the routes I have made I probably won’t look at again.

So I will explore tposssibilities. It will be one drivable vessel and static floating and preset logic bricks/timeline paths. All based on 2.79b. Tried the tidal rise over 4.5 meters but tedious to set up. So preset routes seems the best option. B

B

The Lizard, Helford. Falmouth.
large route 35 km.
Another very large one and just about managed to make he terraIn without adding much so also removed.
B

Please note that you use any of my routes entirely at your own risk. Not for commercial use, Not to sell. B

~end~

you should make a video and upload on streamable.com and publish it here. People are more eager to watch a video than test a .blend