Marvin the Paranoid Android

looks awsome great work

i think you should still work on the pose though

Love it but havent got to see the movie.
How did you get the green eye texure look or is it geometry. That rough look I have been wondering how to do it so I can do some thing on another model.

paroneayea douglas adams was involved with the film (i’m pretty sure he helped with the script)! and although I found th e main story watered down I absolutly loved there take on the improvability drive.

I think he’s a bit too bronze now, try half/half

Hi men,
that’s a really good work.! :o

I think you nailed it second time JoOngle. I was going to suggest some changes but you fixed it before I could. Good idea about visiting a fan forum. They’d be the harshest critics.

Here is an image just to show how good it is. The leftmost image is the actual Marvin, second is JoOngle’s first render and finally his updated second render.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3622/marvin6vu.jpg

I’m guessing you didn’t have time to rig the hands. They are a pain really but I think it would add a nice touch if they were bent slightly.

Minor crits:
he looks too happy - I think that’s because his arms are outwards instead of slumped at his sides. Also his feet seem too far apart. When Marvin walks, he tends to shuffle along.

His upper body seems to be out a touch too far as though he’s puffing out his chest. That shows confidence but being depressed, his chest and mid-section would be more deflated.

The shadow on the floor seems to get cut off and the edge of the floor is quite visible. Try to get it looking like the left pic where there is no shadow.

You know I was thinking about modelling a Marvin myself - I just spoke to Alltaken not too long ago about changing my username to Marvin and I figured the two would go together. There’s no way I could make it like that though. Amazing work.

Anyone think the middle pic looks like a baby stormtrooper?

That robot is so real looking, because last Christmas I bought my kid a toy remote control robot that looks almost like that!

Looks better than the one in the movie, the eyes in your render are more detailed :o

’ o no! now i’m stuck on a weird planet with a manicly depressed android! could you think of anything worse?’

‘how about being a manicly depressed android, stuck on a planet?’

favorite scene (after the planet drydock)