marvin (update: more details 6.3.03)

Brilliant! I love the new head. It looks really good. The only thing I see, and its not a modelling issue at all, is the rolling feet. I will have to read the books again, but I do not think that Marvin rolled at all. If you want to add the rolling feet as a personal touch, then go right ahead. They look well-done and functioning. I just don’t remember that being mentioned in the books.

:slight_smile: thanks all for the comments. I’ve been busy on doing some other freedroid stuff (interfaces, objects and rendering final png images) so no update on marvin yet … sorry.

well, at first no… but I have been looking at him now, from different angles, and actually I am beginning on being curious myself to see how he would move … so I think I will try something next weekend …

yes, you are right. there is going to be something in the stomach, I just havent put it in there yet :slight_smile: also the hip piece is simple I know. when I’m modelling I usually quickly make the whole model, with minimal detail, then add details little by little. especially if I dont have sketch, like in this case.
so, there are little details coming to legs, arms and torso.

:slight_smile: true, but remember, marvin has a brain size of a planet.
well. I like the new head better too… it’s more of what I had visioned marvin to be.

hmm… I think he was able to roll. but I’m not sure either.
there are two things why I did it… first of all, again, it’s a picture on my head, when I think of marvin… and secondly, this is a character for a game, and in the game, we dont have yet walk-cycle animations. so all the droids either hover, or roll :slight_smile: even the professor (which is a human) has kind of rollerblades… heh.

so… we keep the head. now let’s see about those body details :slight_smile:

.b

ok… tried something with the legs.
added little details here and there.
and stuff starts to be parented correctly, so in future I may be able to move those arms :slight_smile:

comments are welcome… I am starting to think this is ready …

http://basse.no-ip.org/tmp/marvin3.jpg
http://basse.no-ip.org/blender/freedroid/

.b

COol basse!

I would like to see this in a animation

/me damnit, I need soon to come up with something myself…

thanks basse for all the help about Linux !!