Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor

Here is the my likeness attempt to Matt Smith as the Doctor from “Doctor Who” TV Series. Modeled and sculpted in Blender. Also I painted color map in Substance 3D Painter and made little color correction and background in PS.

The model in a Blender viewport:

Thanks for watching!

55 Likes

An incredible job, the modeling and sculpting is insane, the detailing is wonderful! TH\he hair is well done, the materials and shading looks real, all of it is an insanely well done job! Looks like something you’d see for an actual promo of the series

3 Likes

Oh, thank you so much!

1 Like

Great job, well done.
You’ve captured the likeness very well, and the fabric textures are spot on.

I’m trying to decide if the skin could be improved… Did you use much subsurface scattering? Really just nitpicking though.

Two thumbs up.

1 Like

Spot on. Looks exactly like him. Great sculpt, textures and amazing hair.

1 Like

Hi! Likenes was my main goal. I didn’t even bake height/normal maps. This is hipoly sculpt with only color map. SSS is 0.08 (Random walk). Maybe little too much. Thanks for feedback.

Thanks a lot!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks, Bart!

1 Like

Wow, it’s him!
I imagine this must be weird for himself to watch :smiley:

1 Like

Such a great sculpt and likeness. Can we sense a little lurking shadow of Daemon Targaryen in there as well ?

For me he was the best of all the new series Doctors. But initially I was so sceptical. He seemed far too young for the role and in the initial interviews I saw of him he looked and sounded nothing like an ancient alien being. But he really pulled it off brilliantly and gave such a good sense of a very ancient wise and alien mind inside of a young body. The way his personality could shift in the moment was wonderful. Like the mist clearing on the mountain to where you just momentarily see and get a sense of the immense depth and distance beneath.

2 Likes

Sure we can)
Thank you!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic work, I like when sculpt is done inside Blender, you’re highlighting the quality of software.

1 Like