Maxon releases Cinebench 2024 now with GPU Benchmark

Besides added Redshift GPU benchmark it now also includes support for MacOS and Arm CPU’s on Windows.

1 Like

Gpu in Cinebench? That’s funny, because C4D doesn’t support GPU rendering out of the box. The 62€/month box, that is. You have to also buy the 23€/month Redshift subscription or pay for a third part renderer.

The free GPU renderer they integrated (ProRender) was discontinued after a few years.

This is one of the reasons I switched to Blender.

4 Likes

Indeed, amd Don’t forget the monthly sub to insydium required for a decent fluid solver/particle system.

And it still amazes me that Maxon does not even put forth the pretense of trying to be competitive with Character animation tools
such as a built in equivalent of rigify or Auto rig pro with a general purpose mocap retargeter for game character animation dev.

Blender with a ONE TIME purchases of about $275 US dollars,at blender market,for ARP,Flip Fluids, HOPSCUTTER, Randomflow etc is the far better value.

Yet I have to admit that Maxon C4D loyalists stands as one of the greatest testaments to the recalcitrant power of entrenched habits and the eco system comfort bubble.

1 Like

I don’t think the GPU benchmark uses the RT Cores on AMD, but I think the code is there. AMD just need to release the public drivers to enable it I believe.