Mazinger Z (マジンガーZ)

Yeah, so during the lockup I was really happy to switch to Blender, which I really am in love with right now!
And this is actually the first project I made in Blender. Originally, I was going for an upscaled toy type situation look, but then I decided to go for my own vision which I guess is somewhere in between OG Mazinger and Mazinger-Z :Infinity.
At least that’s what really inspired me :slight_smile:

SO! I am really looking forward to making something cool and I guess nothing can stop me for I have this sacred tool of humankind.

The only thing I regret about this project is not trying blender’s sculpting tools, but I guess I’d give them a try on the next one.

Rendered in Cycles.

As I’m a new user, It turns out I can’t upload more than 1 embedded media, so I also have this one on Artstation (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v2z5b3), so check this out if you wanna see some more pictures!

Hope you enjoy it!

41 Likes

Umm what is hanging down from under those dolphins?.. Good job :+1:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Great ! Congrats. !!!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Wow! That was unexpected, thanks a lot!

1 Like

It looks like a movie poster.
Did you do it on purpose?

It’s not that I aimed for a movie poster type look, but i just used center framed composition with lots of guiding lines, which is, i guess, a case for many movie posters out there. And folks out there really like to emphasize the scale using this bottom-up view, which I did on purpose ('cause Mazinger is actually about 20m tall)

Ok, thks for the answer !
I say it again : THIS IS A M A Z I N G :laughing:

Thanks! I hope it will only get better

Pretty cool!!

Amazing poster style. Congrats!

1 Like

Ah I wasn’t sure. Never watched the anime. Hope that horny flying dolphins got defeated in the end.

haha, I sure hope so too! but no sight of penial dolphins just yet

1 Like