Measurement tool - accuracy

Hello!
I’m pretty new to blender and started with sketchup. I find overall that it is much more powerful software that is generally not as buggy - and can be used for many more things. Still, I struggle with one tool in particular, the measure tool. When I want to measure from a vertex to vertex, I turn on snapping and can use the ctrl key to snap to the second vertex but for some reason I can’t do that with the first one. And so I zoom in very far to click on the first point then go all the way across the the other point. It is always wrong - really. So I zoom in even further to the first point and I see that it didn’t snap to this point. I mean, with ALL of the amazing capacities of blender this definitely surprises me.
I’m not expecting the great features of the measure from sketchup like resize the model by measuring a distance and rescaling it to that size - such as for a doorway or table height or other known quality, nor for the easy snap to x y or z direction. But am I missing something - is there a good snappable add-on I don’t know about?

I realize that blender is not a cad software, but I hope you understand that the measure tool seems super underdeveloped given the other aspects of blender that are now so sophisticated.
Thanks for any clarity!

What about repositioning the first point? You can click that point after setting up the line and ctrl+drag it to snap to a vertex.

1 Like

Hello Sterling,
Thanks for providing this. This shows my lack of understanding for the software and is a good solution so I marked it as such.
Still, I’m surprised that the tool requires this and is so rudimentary. I’d like to see this developed before many other fancy features. I guess that reflects my needs and past experience however.
Thanks again

Hello Stirling, love using this tool but suddenly I have a similar but different problem when I use it. I select the tool, press control and there is no snapping at all… It makes the tool kind of impossible to use. Is there a setting I can tweak to get it back?? Thanks in advance.