mech spider in SSS landscape (with sound)

Looking at all this makes me realize… animation is an ENTIRELY new thing for me. It’s amazing how versatile blender is =D

I’m still having trouble understanding the idea of using NLA modifiers to affect the placing of the legs.

Would you be able to post the blend file?

I use Mediafire for uploading files to the internet. Pretty quick and easy to use, no waiting periods or countdown. Just follow the link and get the file.

You’ll want to zip the blend first to save space and save time with uploading\downloading. (just right click the file and select “new>zip_file”)

here you have it

its a rar i guess you can open that too

Thanks! ^-^
I’ll take a look at it tonight. I’m also going to do a search to find out more about the technique. Could be helpful in a project I’m thinking about.
EDIT:
The zip is not working for me on this computer. I’ll give it another try at home. Also the lack of a pop-up blocker on my work computer is sudenly apparent…

if it keeps going wrong and you can’t open it i want to upload a regular zip.
also this is no zip it is a .RAR i don’t think you can open it with winzip so you would have to download winrar.
grts

Yeah, I’ve got winrar, still having some issues.

Not to worry though, I’ve got a good idea of what to do. Before I was trying to control the already keyed bones of the feet, when I should be dealing with control bones (bones which the feet are parented to, so move the control bone and it controls the placement of the animated feet).

Thanks.

Good job on the spider. I am still getting the hang of rigging. On Imagine, there was a cycle editor you could use for repetitive motion. I used it when I was re-creating the walking hammers from “Pink Floyd The Wall.” Now I need to animate some “gummy kids” on a candy playground I put together. Keep up the good work.

• Floyd

Awesome job. I don’t begin to understand how that rig works.
Bravo.

hey thanks for all the comments everyone
i wont post thing on the forum for a long time because i started school and i have no time left

so

grts and see you all later i hope

very nice mechanical motion on the spider