Medieval Fantasy Village

I wanted to give myself a challenge in this personal project, and unlike my other projects, I decided to use the Unreal Engine 5 game engine to get renders. Since they are game-ready models, while designing the structure of the scene, I took particular care to ensure that most of the assets I modeled were independent of the scene and could be used as assets on their own in other games. The entire scene has been rendered in real-time.

Modeled and sculpted in the Blender, baked in the Marmoset Toolbag, textured in the Substance Painter, and rendered in Unreal Engine 5.

Based on the amazing concept by “Etienne SAVOIE”.

View full project on Artstastion

59 Likes

I really like this!

I have to especially compliment you on the time-lapse video! Too many of these seem to just show me a speeded up version of hours of poking at the blender interface – I like that yours is short & sweet, but shows me stop-motion increments of the evolution of your scene – all from one viewpoint for easy comparison. Extra points awarded by me!!! :smiley:

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

What an amazing scene, it would look perfect in an adventure game.
Great job!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

I love the composition in here. How my eye is directed vertically through flights of stairs, lovely. I am not too fond of the cartoon treatment, but the geometry and composition really make me yearn to visit and lose myself in these corners. Great work

1 Like

you had me for a solid 10min trying to find the cat. Well done!!

1 Like

Oh waw well done :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Presenting the “Behind the Scenes” article for this amazing artwork!

Feel free to explore the article written by the artist himself. It takes you through the detailed process of creating the artwork and offers valuable insights into low-poly environment-designing in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

1 Like