Medieval house W.I.P.

Maybe bring them out just a little bit. Maybe its just the light. When lighting things, I tend to use the Sun lamp because it brings out the normals just a little bit more. Great work otherwise!

wow totaly forgot about this (I feel like an idiot) Ill get started on it again.

and thanks for the segestion red ill give it a try.

trying to decide which design I like better for the town church and need help.

Attachments

or this one.
these are just very general shapes and is not going to be the final mesh.

Attachments

I like the one to the right on the post with 2 pics best.

yeah I kind of liked that one too to but it kind of looks a little modern

Hey 200th post!!!

here is what I have so far I dont really like it it doesnt feel right, maybe when I add the details it will look okay but I’de like some advice If you have any before I go any further.
thanx.

-Josh-

Attachments

It looks all right but I’m thinking the front should be on the side that is to the right in the picture and that the tower should be centered and moved toward the right (front of building) more. That probably didn’t make sense…

What I’m picturing in my head is something kind of like this: http://susie1114.com/countrychurch2.jpg
Just make sure it has that distinct “church” kind of look so it’s distinguishable from a house or something. Maybe even put a cross on top of the tower. And maybe a big bell inside the tower top? Just some ideas.

Ill play around with it.

Once you add stained glass and a cross on top and textures, it will look great.

yes I know Iv already added a stain glass window Ill up load the new pic when I get home, by the way can any one point me to a website that has stain glass window patterns and such that would be awesome.

a few new pics. It is starting to come together now that I added the details but Im still not satisfied with the bell tower, It looks odd, Its supossed to be stucco, I want to give it the look of the rest of the town but still make it look like a church and not a house.

Attachments

alrighty, I finished the church model I dont really like the front door It looks out of place but I think that when I apply the texturing it will look okay, and I still need to grab a stain glass pattern off the internet (I cant find one).
any way enjoy the screenys

-Josh-

Attachments

Consider the relative sizes of your objects. Exactly how big is that bell, say, in relation to the doorway?

O, thats why it looks so odd thanx sundialsvc4

edit: I narrowed all of the windows to give it a larger feel, I think it looks a lot more perportional.

Attachments

Wow that turned out good!!

Looks good! The frame around the front door does look a little out of place though…

Wow that turned out good!!

not quite finished, but thanks!

Looks good! The frame around the front door does look a little out of place though…

I know the ao I baked for it is a larger resolution than the rest of it but It should look fine when I apply textures and blur the ao.

I am currently stopping this project to persue other things I had in mind one because Im just getting tired of looking at the models and two I feel Icould expand my creative mind further than what every body else is doing.
If you would like these models or textures and are currently working on a project PM me and show me the work you have already done and I will dicide wether I would like to give them up or not. happy blending

-Josh-