Medieval Soldier

Hello!
I am thrilled to present my new personal project, which consists of creating a portrait with the intention of achieving the highest level of realism possible. I took great pleasure in bringing it to life and infusing it with emotion. Through this process, I’ve learned a great deal and I am eager to embark on another portrait, aiming to avoid the mistakes I may have made in this one.

33 Likes

Wow, wonderful detail. This guys looks like hes been through some tough stuff. :clap:

2 Likes

Haha, thank you, I’m glad! That’s the feeling I wanted to convey with this portrait!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Oh thank you !

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

Super interesting work! Just curious what you think, but to my eyes this portrait looks a little stylized in the size of the eyes, nose, and cheek bones. Do you feel like this met your expectation of realism?

1 Like

Agreed. This is the feeling I get too.

@william_6199 Congrats on finishing your piece nonetheless. It’s great that you feel you learned a lot and will continue to improve on your next one.

The big thing that stands out for me anatomically is that you have made the classic mistake of wrapping the inside of the naso-labial furrow to the corner of the mouth. The muscles that completely enclose the mouth in concentric circles are called obicularis-oris. The naso-labial furrow wraps to the outside of this group of muscles, creating a very important ‘node’ in the space that you should have there

2 Likes