Memory Glitches : Animated short movie

Hi BlenderArtists!,

My childhood memories always bring back joy especially the times we used to play street cricket every evening with my friends.
Based on that I created this animated short movie with blender 2.8 and it’s most amazing eevee render engine. Thank you Blender and BlenderNation community you always give me strength to do what I love.

S.Sethsara

Full Animation on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj2e1_m_1xA

5 Likes

Hi!
This is quite good animation!
If you don’t mind, my suggestion for the next animation would be to maybe put some more effort into sound design and synchronization of spoken words and face.

Could you share some info about your animation process? How was rigging of the bodies done? How was face animation done? With shape keys or rigs?

Very good job! :clap: :slight_smile:

1 Like

@FerreroRocher
Thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it .
Yes i used shape keys with drivers to animate face and used rigify addon to generate rigs.i also tried to make it simple by using primitive objects as much as possible. :smiley:

Very fun!

And the best part of it, for me, is that “this American” knows “zero point zero-zero” about any game called “street cricket.” Although I do remember some fairly cut-throat games of badmiton on a lighted court that my Dad helped to set up. :slight_smile:

One suggestion that I’d make here is … “tightening.” Sometimes it’s literally a matter of frames – seconds, or fractions thereof. This is something that you work on “in the editing room.” As you continue to work with the “footage” that you’ve produced, you find that you, and the story, begins to develop "a certain rhythm, or pace." Once you’ve moved the show to the point where you’re confident that the audience knows the situation and the physical setting, you can “tighten” various things – and, you can use this to help bring the show to a climax by “cutting” things that previously you would have shown.

For example: “towards the end of the show, do we need to see all of ‘the footsteps?’” Probably not. Even though maybe you needed to generate all of those footsteps, maybe you could “tighten” some of them out, and thus keep the “pace” of the show moving – and accelerating.

1 Like

Thank you for you valuable feedback and advices . I will keep this in mind when I do my next animation :smiley: