Mental sleep?

hey

I need your help on a semi-scientific investigation. For a while now I have a method of getting to sleep. I want to test if it works on all of you too. maybe i’ve hit somekind of new way to get to sleep.

it goes something like this:

just lie down in any position you want (with your mouth free, you will be jawning in a minute :slight_smile: )
anyway, you’re lying down now (well, not RIGHT now, but you get my point)
close your eyes and try to look. of course you’ll be seeing nothing, everything is all black. now imagine a small white point right in front of you. the point slowly becomes more wide, untill it has formed a white, horizontal line (also try to imagine the line curving around you so it will form a ring around you).
the line now slowly becomes thicker, and thicker. untill everything around you is white.
so now you’re in a completely white world. there is nothing NOTHING around you (much like space, only white)
around this point I always ALWAYS Jawn! I have NO clue as to WHY this happens. maybe my brain is just wired like that.

can you guys try this out for me? (IF you ever sleep :slight_smile: )

just fill out the poll when you wake up :slight_smile:

thanks a lot

Roel

i never ever sleep :o

HH

btw, a more or less friend of mine manages to sleep within two minutes by imaginating a blank cinema screen.

HH

Zzzzzzzzzz…

Stefano

will try tonight,… but I suffer from a mild form of insomnia,… so it will be difficult for me!! :slight_smile:

May I suggest… something easier???

Something like sleeping pills??? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I would try this (honestly…), but you see I have a little problem. My wife doesn’t let me sleep!!! She always find it apropriate, to grumble me when we go to bed!!! :-?

skontar.

this sounds very logic. there are different levels of sleepyness. wich i dont know all to well. but when someone gets hypnothised, one is transferred into the first level of sleepyness. from there on you can go further, and come back as you wake up.

this therapy of yours is more or less like selfhypnothisation. sounds cool thouhg. sometimes my head is filled with ideas i cant sleep, i’ll surely try it.

Well, yes it sounds like it… The whole “white point” procedure, reminds something of preliminary relaxation exercise!!! I don’t know…

Hey Goofster, during this “exercise”, is your mind “empty”??? I mean, no matter how hard you try, it is really difficult to make your mind, stop thinking irrellevant staff, when you do such things…

skontar.

hmm maybe that is a problem of mine,… I always try to work out plans when I sleep.

yesterday I designed part of the new elYsiun database while trying to get some sleep!! :slight_smile:

Now I now why elysiun.com is like a… DREAM!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

skontar.

actually, I came up woth this thing while my mind was loaded with ideas. so I guess this is a way to clear the mind.

the majority has spoken, you must do a CJ instead of daydreaming! :stuck_out_tongue:

Martin

i just lay there thinking about solutions to my blender problems.

or

fantisize about being a hero in a sci-fi worldcoughbattletechcoughstarwarscough :stuck_out_tongue:

I just take pills to do that. It’s kind of an overdosage of pills, so me and the Kota (Keeper Of The Afterlife) have made a deal that whenever I relive that day, a new post is added on Elysiun. This means it’s been about 248 times that I’ve relived that day.

Anyway, I just groaned :smiley: Maybe I should re-read it while trying it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

White point in the center of something becoming a horizontal line? THE OUTER LIMITS! There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. WE are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the vertical. We will control the horizontal. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat, there is nothing wrong with your television. You are about to embark on a great adventure. You are going to experience the awe and mystery that reaches from the inner mind to… THE OUTER LIMITS.

it always takes me forever to sleep so i’ll try your method.

… maybe this white ring is a group of sheep running in formation? are you subconsciously counting them? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

well i hope this’ll work

is that a huge stampede of sheep comming in countless numbers.

that would keep me awake. :stuck_out_tongue:

sleep? is that some kind of food or pass time im not familiar with?

LOL :smiley: :smiley: