Mentor needed for startup animation/video game production company.

I have been a blender user for several years now. I understand the general workflow and I have experimented with blender and I’ve grown to love the community and have grown to love the program.

I have a business partner now who wants to play our hand at video games and animation. We have several ideas in which we want to market, advertise and showcase artistic works in blender.

I personally want to work with blender artists and I want to hold any interactions with blender artists to a high degree of professionalism. I am interested in either purchasing assets, contracting work and enlisting volunteers who want to get involved.

But at the present moment, I am looking for a mentor who can help consult us on how to best approach blender artists so that they feel comfortable that they are working with professionals who value their artistic ambitions as well as their time and energy.

If you believe that you have what it takes to help consult my small production company on how to best utilize the marvelous talents that the blender community has to offer, and provide sound advice as to how to properly approach skilled blender technicians please respond below with what qualities and experiences that make you a person that me and my business partner would want to talk to.

Note: I posted this on the volunteer forum because I do not want to make any promises of monetary rewards until I can find a qualified consultant and mentor that will be most worthy to invest in.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

I speak from experience when I say that you should think about joining a team project to get some experience before you try to create and manage your own. The one thing all professional artist want most in their team leader is, well professionalism. Very few people want to join a team whose leader does not know how to manage a team. I understand you want a mentor to help you figure this out, but you won’t find someone of that caliber who isn’t already managing their own project and most likely won’t have time to help you learn how to manage yours. Start with small games that you can do on your own or join a bigger project to learn how others manage their projects. Develop a plan from what you learn along the way and keep learning until you have a firm grasp of everything that a team leader is responsible for. It takes a long time but as the saying goes, if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail. I say this in hopes you understand I am not trying to kill your dream, rather help you realize it by sharing the lessons I learned along the way.