Merry Christmas

And merry x-mass to you too! =P

The render definitely has that Christmas feeling to it, very warm.

I especially like the tree, the snow covering it is very well done, and the decorations look very cool.

Mystery

brilliant work man, I remember those christmas cartoons when I look at your image, it gives a very cozy holiday feeling …
cheers

Great work! I’ve to agree about the lighting of the house. I think you miss too much detail now (dark). But I know, nightscenes are a nightmare to lit, so I think you did a good job on the overall scene. And the tree rules!

Cya,
BackiZ

Moved to the gallery.

BgDM

It’s got a few jaggies and glitches here and there, but … who cares? A nice picture, very Christmas-y. Got all the expected things in it, and done very well.

Very nice work. I enjoyed your gallery too, especially the “Terminator” image.

Best wishes…

Harry

this is great…stereotypical yet very pleasing…

wait, it’s snowing up?!?

EDIT - and the christmas tree is a picture…or atleast it looks like it is from the wireframe…

very nice, no faults!
nice gallery also!

good show!
5 stars!

Thomas Kincaid, eat your heart out. 5 stars.

Wow!

I was going to leave it at “Wow!” because that says everything I needed to say but you can’t just post “Wow!” so I added this explanation of why I added this explanation.

Wow!

Wow!!!

gallery stuff!

Nicely done !! postcard quality…and MERRY CHRISTMAS to Everyone !!!

Wow, very professional work. I would criticize it…but its just so perfect :D. Great work, plus low render time? Very very nice image!

-Chris

really great image - why do i always quit after making just the snowman.

This looks great! I was going to do something similar as well (though I lack the skills and speed…probably be out by next christmas :wink: ).

Anyway, how did you the snow on the roof of the building and on the ground?
Also, how do you make the trees soooo realistic?

This really is a great piece of art (setting it as my wallpaper for the christmas season :slight_smile: )
Thank you very much and merry christmas to everyone!!

Jaycun

Jaycun -
first sorry for my english:)

how I made it? I was show it on first site this post,
This is very simple (primitive :slight_smile: ) scene. Importand for me is effect not methode :):slight_smile:

• snow on the roof is just subdivided multi fractal box
  • snow on the groud is plain subdivided too.
  • the trees are two plains with texture
  • only hause and snowman is fully modeled

cheers
:slight_smile:

…and screen from WIP
http://www.gucias.republika.pl/hatkaprobka3.jpg

Oh…now I see the planes in your trees…

Thank you very much gucias! I was interested in the method because I like the effect/mood. I love the scene…thanks for sharing the tips.

I wish I had known this last year…could have really helped out in an art competition.:slight_smile:

Ok.
This is my Christmas-gift for everybody !!! here is .blend file from first level this work - winter environement & house model
http://www.gucias.republika.pl/hatkaa2.blend

Merry Christmas :):):):):slight_smile: