merry x-mas

Merry Christmas everyone! And a happy new year! This is a really busy time of year for me. Today I’m getting confirmed through the church. In exactly 1 week from today (sunday) it’s my birthday. Then there’s christmas for both sides of the family tree. Then new year’s. And then my favorite part, my birthday celebration. Hehe and incase you were wondering, I’m turning 13.

wow you are sooo young mayn…not really but im older than you by like a year or two…

merry christmas, happy hanukkah, and pleasent birthdays to all. :slight_smile:

Cherry Mismas… I mean merry christmas!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.:slight_smile:

BTW: I think the word Xmas should be banned, it’s nothing more then a de-christianized commercialized name for a holiday that starts with the word ‘christ’

I knew that was gonna be said. Hehe I knew I’d attract more people that way.

Actually christmas is only the english spoken languages that uses christ for christmas.

Everywhere else christmas does not evolve christ in that word.

Christmas is sometimes shortened to Xmas, an abbreviation that has a long history. In early Greek versions of the New Testament, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ (Χριστός). Since the mid-sixteenth century Χ, or the similar Roman letter X, was used as an abbreviation for Christ. - wikipedia

I think ignorant people should be banned. Hell… Christians too.

But Merry Xmas to everyone anyways.

Cyborg Dragon, this better be the last time you complain about xmas, it just shows your ignorance. here’s the truth:

When many people use the term “X-Mas,” they think they are using a secular term which has nothing to do with Jesus and yet still has to do with Christmas (As we all know, the two have little to do with each other). However, using “X-Mas” in this manner is actually incorrect. The word “Christmas” is actually short for “Mass of Christ”, or “Christmass”. The word was later shortened in Europe during the 1500’s by taking the first letter of the Greek word “Xristos”, which means Christ, and adding it to the suffix “Mass” to create the new word “X-Mass”. This, of course, was later shortened into the more popular form, “X-Mas,” which many non-Christians use today. So next time you’re writing down “X-Mas” to save precious seconds, don’t feel bad. It’s just as correct as the original form.

If there were no Christians, there’d be no Christmass. How illogical is it to love xmas and hate christians:confused: .

Wow! A Merry Christmas thread that’s on the verge of being locked…

Merry Dooo Dahhh everyone! I am just glad to be alive today! :slight_smile:

Don’t seem to recall saying either one of those were the case.

I think ignorant people should be banned. Hell… Christians too.

That’s quite racist, you know:mad:
And where would we be without ignorant people? They keep this forum popular by creating plenty of “how do I do what it clearly explains in the tutorial I didn’t even bother to read properly?” threads:D

Discrimination, probably. Prejudiced, perhaps. Racist? Hardly.

haha merry christmas everyone - before this thread gets locked! not many of you seem merry…except for pixelmass :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

you guys are all funny…it makes me laugh to these reactions. give it a break people…i really don’t mind if someone from across the world tells me they hate me and thinks i should be banned from some unspecified place. silly you.

lets everyone discuss the history of christmas now like on every other thread of this nature…(for all the banned ignorant people: that was sarcasm)

…and have a merry Christmas!

Why just 1 day a year? Silly humans…

Well I don’t like it when people call it Xmas.
Case closed.

CD, sometimes you are such an a**hat! Don’t you yet realize that we all are really one? Love your friends and enemies. That’s the real message. The case is not closed just because you say so.

You mean like your mind?:stuck_out_tongue: