Mesh Hair collision/Wiggle Addon Question

I’ve been using mesh hair for my projects recently, and have been using the wiggle add-on, as I’ve been trying to achieve results similar to the gifs in this thread below. However, I was wondering if there was a way to make stands or “clumps” less likely to run into each other. Below is a test animation, and I have two objects, one being red and the other being blue. But even though they have the same presets, they still somewhat overlap each other at various points. I tried setting collisions for both but this didn’t seem to change anything.

You would need to add a collision modifier on each hair object. But this won’t work because the hair strands are already very close together and the collision detection would go nuts.

Maybe try a Lattice deformation or soft-body simulation?

Hair Rigging, Physics, & Animation
http://blender-3d.338.s1.nabble.com/Hair-tp257p1779.html

1 Like

These are some good resources, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

So I tried a few experiments to see what might happen. First I set collision to both objects, but then tried setting the hair object a ways away from the other one, however this didn’t seem to help much as seen below.

I’m also not sure if soft body would work as it doesn’t really achieve the results I’m going for, as also seen by this video below.