Mesh is showing through the back in other programs

Once you have the tips grid filled, you can round them off with Smooth Vertices:

Smooth Vertices is actually under the W menu, I just checked :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, I love this avatar too! And you know the meme Baba is you and…ME is stupid. I don’t know if you’re aware of the meme that exists… I chose it because that’s how I felt when I first came here. I’m smarter now :slight_smile:

But…sorry again. CTRL+F still doesn’t work, do you select the mesh first and then CTRL+F?

1 Like

Yeah, select the open edges or vertices that you want to close… if it’s not showing up, can’t go wrong with F3 > Grid Fill :wink:

1 Like

I got a tip awhile back from Blender Bros to always leave “Face Orientation” checked ON. That way as ur modeling, if you see a RED face, you know its inverted right away.

To not see the blue faces, go into Preferences>Themes>3D Viewport> “Face Orientation Front” and change the Alpha value to ZERO. That way you won’t see the blue color of the front facing faces. Only the Red faces if they’re inverted.

Another option is to use a 2 sides material. But that’s a drain on GPU.

Something else that can cause this problem if your faces are correct is camera clipping…

3 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realise that feature existed.