Mesh-Ola, shading going crazy on autosmooth

Hey there,

I’m sure this already exists somewhere, but:

I purchased (!) a set of FBX windows. One consisted of 2 unmerged halves, which I merged.
I got this “shading” in the render:

So I thought - maybe three are custom normals, deleted them, no difference, flipped normals, recalculated outside, no difference. Then I cleaned doubles. Still I get this with auto smooth:

And this without:

I’m now going to sparate the ornament and auto smooth only that part, but how could I normally fix that? Or: WHAT IS THIS?

I had to look twice… i think you meant the triangulation artefacts on the right side of the almost rectangular main peace…
…well look at the faces: is the right side slight different triangulated ? can you make some quads ? … also try Mesh Analysis-> Distortion… maybe the right side is not complete planar ??

Triangulation… I did NOT see that! The entre front is just straight edges, but the sides are triangulated :monkey: :see_no_evil: :brown_heart:
Thanks - again - for saving me! You rock! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sweat_smile:

Sometimes it’s just some other two eyes…
:eyes:

Absolutely! Thanks to you, I get around some really awful n00bie traps. Tris… gawd… custom normals…

No… this is like coryza… from time to time everyone catch it…

1 Like