Meshes not visible in object mode

I can’t see meshes in object mode, i can only see the outlines for the shape. I’ve tried making new files and the problem stays.

An image or file would be helpful, as well as the version you are using. What is your “Viewport Shading” set to? In v2.8, press the Z-key to access the shading pie menu. Are you wishing to see the wireframe version of the mesh (with all the edges)? If so, go to “Object Properties” tab, open up “Viewport Display” (near the bottom), and check “Wireframe” to see all the edges in solid view.

here is an example of what i mean, this happens everytime

This looks very familiar, as if I ran into the same problem some time ago. I 'll play around and see if I can figure out what is happening.

I was able to recreate this by going to wirefame view, and, under Object Properties:Viewport Display, I checked “In Front.” See if this is the case.

If so, it may be saved in your “Start-up File” and is now the default for new scenes, too. You may need to re-save your start-up file.

that’s also not do anything, also sorry if im being annoying with all this

I was able to replicate something similar by enabling X-RAY = 0 in the Viewport Options. Check your X-Ray settings. Normally they should be at 0.5 and unchecked.

Wayne

1 Like

No worries. I knew my suggestion was a long shot. Since this is happening in new files as well, perhaps try reloading the defaults (File:Defaults:Load Factory Settings) in a new file. If that does not help, my next suggestion would be to download the latest version, and see if that one works for you. Sometimes it is a bug that has been fixed.

x ray isnt the problem, i’m just going to get the newest version and see how a fare then, thanks for the help

I think that might be it.

Edit: I know I tried that option earlier, but did not get the same results. Trying it just now, it does replicate the issue :frowning:

Could simply be an incompatible GPU or a driver in need of update.

Here is what happend why i render a picture, not sure if this will get us a definite answer

Is this on? Under the object tab.

holdout

i don’t even see some of those options, they stop after “selectable”

Oh sorry think your in eevee. Maybe a holdout material then?

how do i get out of eevee

The other option sitll arent’t there

You mean when you change that dropdown to cycles?

nevermind i see them, holdout doesn’t do anhything