I developed this add-on for streamlining possible MeshLab workflows.
You can get it from Gumroad and Blender Market from the links below, the links also include FAQ and the instructions.
This add-on intends to streamline editing and processing of meshes/objects with external applications like MeshLab. At the moment it supports MeshLab only (more to come). The main goal of this add-on is to make the MeshLab integration seamless so that you as the user don’t need to worry about keeping track of the imports/export process and the continuous integration.
Basically you can create any number of Meshlab scripts (which can include many sub filters) and apply them to your objects right inside Blender.
Run custom Meshlab scripts on the currently selected object.
Add new Meshlab scripts to the scripts library while Blender is running.
Open and edit the currently selected object in Meshlab for editing, it will import the edited mesh back.
Edit the currently selected script in a text editor.
It also works with vertex only meshes as long as the chosen Meshlab script supports it.
It comes with a set of sample Meshlab script library.
Linux, Windows, MacOS supported
Please feel free to ask any questions about the current features and planned features etc.
Release Notes for v1.1
- Option to keep the processed meshes in the temp folder
- Automatic conversion of imported meshes to quads from triangles
- The addon now detects no edits in Meshlab, no unnecessary imports anymore
- The exported mesh is triangulated prior to processing for better compability with MeshLab/MeshLabServer
- Object rotation is maintained across the versions
- Better handling of the imported mesh’s pivot
Release Notes for v1.2
- Blender 2.80 update
- Some scripts are updated
Couple screen recordings of the possible things you can do with this addon
Remesh Point cloud
Smoothing using Meshlab 2 step smooth
Edit scripts in an external editor from Blender
Edit in MeshLab workflow
Remesh holes with Poisson