'MeshTextureFace' object is not iterable?

I’m trying to write a custom file exporter, and I’ve run into a bit of a snag when trying to export the UV information. Here is the relevant code snippet:

for tface in self.mesh.tessface_uv_textures['UVMap'].data:
    uvs = tface.uv_raw;
    file.write(struct.pack('<%sf' % len(uvs), *uvs);

self.mesh is a mesh I got from the active context. I was successfully able to export the vertices, so I know that part isn’t the problem.

When I try to run the script, blender tells me there is an error on the second line in the snippet:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.65\scripts\addons\io_mesh_mbin\exporter.py”, line 97, in execu
te
# Write the file data
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.65\scripts\addons\io_mesh_mbin\exporter.py”, line 33, in write

for uv in tface.uv:

TypeError: ‘MeshTextureFace’ object is not iterable

Line 33 is in the snippet above, and line 97 starts here:

# Write the file data
    fileHeader.write(file);
    fileBody.write(file);

I’ll admit, I’m new to Python. However, I’m pretty sure that I’m not iterating over MeshTextureFace but am instead iterating over the uv_raw array in that object. I’ve put that code snippet into Blender’s python console (changing “self.mesh” to bpy.data.mesh.whatever and “file.write” to “print”), and it worked as expected.

I have no idea what the problem is. If anyone could help me out I’d really appreciate it :slight_smile: and sorry if this isn’t enough info.

I’m using Blender 2.65.0

Ok I found the problem, but the error message it gave me was misleading. The problem was that I’m missing a closing parenthesis. I don’t know why it didn’t just tell me that, but at least the solution was simple:

file.write(struct.pack(’<%sf’ % len(uvs), *uvs);//Should be:file.write(struct.pack(’<%sf’ % len(uvs), *uvs));