Messerschmitt BF 109

Hi,
here is my latest model, Messerschmit BF. So far the main model is almost completed, I just need to add some basic cockpit, since I do not plan to do any inside renders. Here are some renders of it:

EDIT: Here is the current render:

Rest of the first post:

Wow that looks really good can’t wait to see textures on it

Excellent work! I am reading a book about WWII right now in which the 109 plays a major part so it is really cool seeing a model of it like this. I spent a couple minutes absorbing the details and you even have warping in the tires where they touch the groun, awesome. I am looking forward to seeing this textured.

Looks really good!

Beautifully done version of an Emil. Can’t wait to see it textured and rendered.

Steve S

Being an old WWII history buff, I love this kind of stuff. Nice job and yes, lets get this beauty textured. Been thinking of doing the Spitfire myself. Have you thought of maybe selling the model and textures to one of the flight sim sites?

Cheers

beautiful modeling. Really wanting to see where this goes.

Good modeling,it’s very clean so far!

Very detailed modeling - great job! I’d like to see a wire render of it…

Really nice,post a wireframe.Would be interesting to see how the wings connect to the body.

Thank you all for your comments.

GLakie: I never considered selling this model, since it is high poly and I do not intend to make low poly version.

And for those who want to see the wire-frame, believe me you dont :wink: I mean there is nothing special and it is ugly. And the wings are not connected to the body, I mean they were at an early modelling stage, but now they separate, since there is no need for them to be connected (but still it would be easy to connect them).

Anyway here are some images of the real/fake cockpit (dont forget that I do not plan to do any render from cockpit.

I started texturing and doing materials, here is how the model looks now.

It looks really good. Great work. I enjoy a lot looking on it :slight_smile: Looking forward to see it with all textures, materials etc. Keep it up!

Very nice, you have inspired me to begin modelling the Messerschmitt Me 262 “Swallow.” Do you plan on animating it?

Love the textures. Can’t wait to see the finished model.

Steve S

Great model!Both the extior and interior are awesome!

Wow, love how it’s coming along. Love the textures and the modeling. Are u going to make an animation? If you are I can’t wait to see it.

Hi, here is an update. I decided to make proper textures for the plane, instead of the procedural/tiling textures. Today I made textures for the wings, here are some renders. As always any comments are much appreciated.

Those textures are fantastic. Are you going to use this in an animation? It would be great to see it in something like this.

Steve S

This is a great model and beautifully done. Absolutely inspirational!