Messerschmitt BF 109

This is amazing work, Eprdox! I hope that someday I can texture like this. I’m horrible with photoshop and the such.

@James Candy: Photoshop does allow painting in 3D sort of. It’s like after effects where it’s 2D but can be rotated in pseudo 3D.

What did you use to make the flak? If was blender could you give a brief description of how you did it? Thanks

It’ll look really good when it’s done. Are you going to make a spitfire to put in the scene to simulate a dog fight or will it just be on its own? Keep it up :rolleyes:

This is amazing! Very inspirational! :slight_smile:

Stunning details indeed. I`m loving this. :slight_smile:
Congrats.

Thank you guys for you comments.

@Scarsz: Yes I did used a blender to make flaks. I am really not much experienced with smoke simulation, so it was really try and error. I thought I saved the file but now I can´t find it. The scene was simple, I added some deformed sphere mesh with particle system on it. The particles were used for smoke generation. I made two versions of this setup, one was for small thick cloud and the second was for quick moving derbies. I rendered each system separately and them merged them to produce the images I posted. Sorry I cant remember anything else. Again if I find the file I will post it.

@Littlemonkey: No, actually I will add some other fighters to the image. Fighter models I already made.

Anyway layers are rendered, I just need to put everything together in Gimp.

I have been searching for a Messerschmitt plane model for the last 6 years. I have found several that I like but are way beyond my price range. I’m trying to finish a WWII fantasy film short. If you’re interested in selling this model with textures, or would be willing to loan us the model for screen credit, please contact me via private message and I’ll send you any info you may need to make a decision. I look forward to hearing from you. Great work! The best I’ve seen so far.