Metahuman Rig For Blender implement Demo

Metahuamn Rig For blender file share

this is a metahuamn rig for blender implement, everybondy can download and test it!
file:blender rig
i only use base color texture and the file does not contain wrinkle map. The rig is implemented by shapekey without any bones. And the rig does not contain psd.
Wrinkle map and PSD are in todo list.

9 Likes

very good. Have You recreated the rig from scratch or did You import all these controls, shape keys, etc. from UE? Is it possible to export the animation and use it in UE? Did it maintain the same name convention that the original MetaHumans have?

1. I didn’t create the rig from scratch. I first import the metahuman rig into maya through the quixel bridge, and then export the BS according to the dna information and the model file of the controller rig board in maya. Then import the BS and rig board into blender. Then I create the driver and controller range of motion constraints in blender.
  2. Maybe not. This rig does not require dna file. If you want to use this blender rig in the ue, you may need to use the rig controller in the ue to replicate the rig logic of blender.
  3. Yes. I just created the link between controller and shapekey in blender.

It makes me wonder if the names are exactly the same then maybe animation can be applied to other metahumans inside UE by using a UE retargeter.
I asked because some time ago I struggled a lot with MH in UE and, retargeting a body movement in MH is not so problematic but, for the facial animation is not possible. Maybe Your file can be used together with the blender pose library to create many generic animations that later can be retargeted to any MH in UE. Anywaayy… thank You for sharing the file.

for facial animation sharing in ue, you can reference ue4 doc Facial Animation Sharing. I my view, animation curve is equal blendshape value. I will try pose library, i think ITis a bridge to realize bone rig and shapekey rig.

1 Like

Have you tried to do this for the body rig as well, or does that not work in Blender for some reason?

i did not try the body rig, i only tried the face rig

Hi @Liyou_Wang!
If you haven’t tried the body rig, would you like to try it even with payment of course.
If so, please lmk at [email protected]

Hey there, Is there a way to transfer this rig to another Metahuman I created and exported into Blender? Really amazing job!

1 Like