Michigan Blender User Group

Well 4 people showed up today!! YIPPIE! We’re on a roll! :stuck_out_tongue:

It just occurred to me that I forgot to collect everyone’s email. If you guys have mine can you please email me and give me yours? Thanks!

As well, I’d like someone to email me the groups contact list as well as a firm date and time for the next meeting.

After you left we set the next meeting for November 18 at 1:00. 5OnIt is hoping his boss will let us use a conference room up in Troy. He’ll contact us if it works out otherwise.

5OnIt, I’ll send you an e-mail asap.

Hopefully blendenzo and jtoc72 can come this time…

Sounds like a good start! I’m going to see if I can swing the next meeting. Maybe my wife can go shopping at 12mile or something :slight_smile:

Sorry guys, I won’t be able to make this one either. For now, I work on Saturdays from 12 to 10pm. 5OnIt, I will PM you my email address so that you can add me to the list. I’d like to keep updated with you guys even if I can’t make it for now.

Wow, I completely missed this thread. I’m over in Ann Arbor, but I might be inclined to drop in on one of these get togethers at some point, especially if they become a regular thing.

See first post for meeting minutes and summary.

Next meeting Saturday Nov. 18th 2006 at National Coney Island.

Regards,

honeycomb

I still have not received anyone’s email address. If you could email me or send it to me in a PM I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

OK… I couldn’t grab my boss anytime today so I just asked the owner of the company and he said it was OK.

Now - IF you want Directions to the place, you have to give me your address so I can email them to you. Or - Tell me if you want them sent in a PM.

I sent you my email address before, check your inbox again. Just in case I’ll send it again in a PM though.

As honeycomb is having troubles posting on the interweb from the library (:D), I’ll post for him from the text he e-mailed me yesterday.

Title:

Blender User Group Meet #2

The 2nd meeting of the Michignan Blender User Group is scheduled for

Time and Date:

Staurday November, 18th at 1:00PM

Please PM 5onit for directions to the new location.

Check this post for last meetings notes.

As stated there is a location change PM 5onit for more info.

The topics for discussion continue

1. Goal Planning and Monthly Topic Discussion.
    We would like to project out for about a year or so on what goals and topics to discuss at each monthly meeting. This is kind of like having a budget. Think of it as a roadmap to developing the group.
  1. Legal Organization of Group
    Continue discussion of various forms of legal organization.
  1. Web Site
    Discuss name, layout, hosting and design issues of web site.
  1. Tutorial Presentation
    If time and my schedule allow I will put together a presentation on setting
    up a 3rd Person Camera and Character Animation in the game engine.

At this time I personally feel that organizational issues are more important for the next meeeting. Now I know that all this administration is boring but it will make for a better group in the near future. Wish us all luck.

Hope to see everyone there.

regards,

honeycomb

Glad they call it “User Group” this time and not “Conference”, which contribute nothing to Blender’s development.:smiley:

The Michigan vs Ohio State game is on that day so I will to base the game engine turorial on football. We will conver the set up of a scene where you control an animated football player in the game engine.

Please feel free to bring in your own mesh and armature. I will not be covering modelling and rigging. The main focus is on the camera rig and player platform. Logic bricks and IPO’s will be used and there is a touch of python.

regards,

honeycomb

OK… I eMailed everyone directions to the place. If you would like to come and you did not get directions, please PM me and let me know.

PhilBo the email I sent to you bounced back. If you didn’t get directions, let me know.

I didn’t get the directions. Can you PM me?

I Sent it :smiley:

Got it. I’ll see you on the 18th.

Hello MI area Blenders, I just stumbled across this post and would like to meet as well. I’m trying to free up the 18th and pm’d 50nit for directions. I live in Wixom and work in Troy. Hope to see you all soon.