Michigan Blender User Group

Sorry. :slight_smile:

Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to stop in tomorrow for a short while. I have to tape my Churchā€™s Christmas play tomorrow morning and will try to make it to the meeting after that. Bring some of those test renders. Iā€™d love to see them.

So guys, How was the meeting? Details pleaseā€¦
Blend3D

The meeting was low key considering the membership was otherwise occupied with other obligations during this holiday season. This is a difficult time of year to squeeze in all our obligations.

Many of the plans were put on hold until the January meeting when the membership can fully express themselves.

Over the next few weeks I will be sending out various emails or PMā€™s through this forum on issues that need to be resolved. It is hoped that by communicating outside the acutal meeting day that the content and results of the meeting may be more productive.

regards,

honeycomb

Sorry if anyone showed up at the site for the Jan meeting. I was in Dallas helping set up our next branch office. Been so busy that I completely forgot.

January meeting hasnā€™t happened yet 5OnIt.:rolleyes: The third Saturday is the 20th, although Iā€™m glad this came up. Otherwise I would have forgotten that itā€™s this Saturdayā€¦

Yup I goofed. I thought it was last weekend. I literally havenā€™t had time to do squat in Blender.

Unfortunatelly, I will not be able to attend the January meeting. I send my greetings from Evansville, IN. somewhere along the southern Indiana border sith Kentucky. This was quite sudden and work related, I am sorry I have to miss the meeting.

regards,

honeycomb

Hey guys!! Where in the heck is everyone??? The only two people that showed up today were Steve and myself. I donā€™t mind offering this meeting place for us to meet and talk about Blender, but if no one is going to put any effort into this besides 2 or 3 people, (The 2 Steves and myself) I have better things to do. Are we going to do this or not???

Sorry guys. I missed December and since I didnā€™t see any postings about the January meeting, I assumed it wasnā€™t happening. Iā€™ll see you Feb.

Sorry,
I worked Saturday and today (Sunday) and am looking at a 14 hour day tomorrow plus 2 hours of driving and a corporate dinner. Thatā€™s how it goes when your a consultant. I will make every effort to meet in February.
David

OKā€¦ 3rd Saturday is this coming weekend, the 17th. Let me know now if anyone is coming.

Iā€™ll come. Just so weā€™re sure to have something to do, how would you feel about me starting a stargate tutorial? Iā€™ve been stepping svenniemannie through the process via PM and most of it is already written and reference images generated. Might be a good mechanical modeling exercise.

I am back in town. I will be attending the Feb. 17th meeting.

Iā€™ll be there. Honeycomb, do you have any firm agenda that youā€™d like to accomplish? If so, is there anything specific that we should prepare for?

The Stargate would be interesting, but it would most likely be way over my head. Iā€™m still in the beginning stages. Although we can talk about whatever you guys wish.

Nah, itā€™s not as hard as it looks. (Shh, donā€™t tell anyoneā€¦):stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Guyā€™s,
What time do we meet on the 17th, also are we meeting at the same place as in November. It looks like I will be able to make it and am looking forward to it.
David

Meetings are always 1:00, third Saturday of the month. Same place, same station, same channel.:):wink:

See you at 1:00.

Okay guys, see you tomorrow. Try to be there on time if you want to catch the gate tutorial. I am going to have to leave around 4:00 so it wonā€™t do any good having people show up at 2:30 to 3:00 and only having an hour to talk about whatā€™s new and squeeze in a tutorial.