Microsoft Ending support for Windows 7 Jan 14th 2020

This video explains it…

Win7 support ending in 2020 has been planned for years (at least since the very first consumer build of Windows 10).

Your choice on your current machine is to either move to Windows 10 or move to Linux, this is a choice you should’ve made by now.

Windows 10 + gmail + chrome = even knows when you pick your nose

1 Like

It’s hardly news. I don’t use Windows (Linux user) and even I was aware of this months ago.

Kudos on adding one of Chris’s videos, though :slight_smile:

I don’t use Win 7 either, but, the fact is, there is about a 25% market share for this version on PC’s. And of course, there are the ones that don’t know, so, I felt that I should pass this on here. Not that this post will make a difference, either. But maybe it will… who knows…

This is a list I found … (used Duck Duck Go, btw)… all the google owned businesses … interesting read too

1 Like

Windows XP used to be on many, many computers for a very long time as well. Where is it now? Discontinued. As beloved as some things are, technology will move on without them eventually.

I am surprised that Windows 7 lasted as long as it did on Microsoft’s end. Just to put things into perspective, Windows 7 got released in July 2009, which is over 10 years ago. XP on the other hand got released in August 2001 and got discontinued in April 2008, which is about 6-7 years. That’s nearly 4 years more support from Microsoft than the flagship OS that defined the last decade.

Windows 7 had its time. Let’s see how long Windows 8 and 10 last.

I don’t care. I still have a laptop with Win7 and i am not planning to change the OS just because Micro$haft stops supporting it.

2 Likes

if they want you to change, keep it

1 Like