Microsoft Firefox 2007

firefox sucks cause of its damn memory hoggage/leakage or whatever, opera sucks cause of its incompatibilty with like every other damn site on the internet, and IE is like the anus of a trojan horse… so I am stuck with using firefox with the minimize hack
I was so pissed that Firefox 2.0 didn’t fix/add barely anything

If you want minimalism, you can always use FF’s source to create your own browser… One thing I can’t stand is people who complain about everything. I can stand 'em even less than people who are prejudiced to the point of blindness (e.g. Firefox-lovers and Internet Explorer-lovers)

One of the better sites I’ve run acrossed…on of hte best I remember is the site where you could go and if you were on windows it would act like it was deleting your computer and installing MacOS 9…shame I can’t find it anymore (if it even exists)

For the record, I’m using Opera 9 on OSX. Safari kept crashing on me constantly (must be a problem with the latest OSX patch or something). I do have to use FF on some sites, but over all Opera does a good job and handles everything including torrents.

As I see it, a problem with “high” system requirements is relative to what other app’s are using and loading each browser only takes couple of seconds so no big problem here too. So if you have slower hardware it might make some difference on witch one to use but otherwise I don’t see the point on choosing your browser according to this.

not that this matters, but i’m running an archaic machine here, 1st generation celeron, 256 mb ram, 56k internet, and when it comes to browsing speed, i always use firefox. it takes a while to load initially, but it’s much faster than explorer when just surfing the internet. then again, Yahoo hates all things firefox, so if i want to listen to my radio, i need to use explorer (i refuse to update to 7 though, considering the reports i’ve read on how badly it hogs memory. it’s not like i have a lot to give here!)

in the end, i don’t think there is one good browser, you just need to know when to use a specific browser. right now i have both browsers up, and considering i’m not using explorer for browsing, just my radio, it’s not screwing up my ram all too much. plus, collecting firefox extensions is better than trading cards any day. no way microsoft can match up to that!! (they do have an extensions section though, right? whatever, they probably suck in comparison.)

also, i rarely have trouble with firefox. if it crashes, normally everything else does, all at the same time, and it’s Armageddon! no fault of firefox, just my crappy Windows 98 (woot!!)