Microsoft Wants Red Hat Linux Users To Pay Up.... (ultimate stupidity)

LOL LRN2USEPCS

The reason most people use WINE to use Windows applications is because, GASP, developers never make Linux versions and there is no Linux equivalent OR people are just used to a Windows application which does the same as certain Linux application (Photoshop and GIMP; from experience, I don’t like GIMP because I am too used to Photoshop).

Professional? Why would I want a “professional look” in my computer? I prefer a look I can customize the most, allow me to do whatever I want; whether its a REALLYPROFESSIONALLOOKLOL or just a simple design that I understand. Having a professional look is completely useless if whoever uses it is a dipshit.

Terminal is the most powerful tool you will EVAR have. But of course that’s useless because I can’t use simple coding to make the computer do my biding.

What really annoys me about your post, however, was that you more than likely never even read the first post. Why? Because you complain about people complaining about Windows’ shitness, even though nobody complained about Windows’ shitness in this thread.

I am just hoping one day, all of Microsoft’s shit comes and bites them right in their gigantic, inflated ass and rips it apart by inserting objects that are too big to fit, as Linux users and Mac users laugh at the whining Windows users.

A man can dream…

To each their own, I guess. That comes with the freedom of choice.

Which in turn implies, that anyone who doesn’t want to be bullied or otherwise “persuaded” by likes of MS takes a stand and says “no, thanks”.

Btw. I do like those “console” ncurse installers.

And we all KNOW that Microsoft of ALL people shouldn’t complain about reverse engineering – heck they reverse engineered javascript from Sun and MADE them keep some of the crappy errors in there JUST BECAUSE it would break all the old IE3.0 stuff if they changed it.

Microsoft should clean it’s own nose before looking up anyone else’s!

Hang on - If Microsoft claims that Linux is built on their patents, then does that mean that they owe the entire Linux community of developers a fortune for all the development work they’ve done creating and stabilising MS’s products?

I’m sending an invoice right now!

nice approach would consist of:

• first clearing up (debunking) whether there’s really patent violation involved
  • and if this is refuted, then sue MS for harassment and damages, anti-competitive practices …

or figure out some less nice field tactics on how to deal with the bully …

I wrote to someone at groklaw. I asked this:

“I was wondering why it isn’t possible to somehow force Microsoft to publicly reveal which patents that it believes are being infringed. If it could be shown that Microsoft has been using the fear behind being sued about said patents in order to extract deals out of Linux vendors, surely this is some form of illegal coercion? I’m just a layman so I’m groping in the dark here, but it’s frustrating to have this hanging over the heads of the Free and Open Source community.”

The answer I received was this:

“There is a way, but it’s not strategically wise to make the first move. This way, the burden is on Microsoft. What if they actually have one? The USPTO has OK’d some mighty stupid patents. So it’s best to let them struggle on.”

AND THE UNIVERSE IMPLODES UPON US!!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

have you REALLY tried *ubuntu?
I use linux for about 6 years and I don’t see a DOS-like interface. The installation of ubuntu, suse, fedora, etc, are all graphical and VERY EASY. Linux does have a dos-like interface, its the console tool, a very powerful one. So does windows with the dos-console. You only use it if you want!

Try to search for files on your hd that are named “like” some word, tem select only the ones larger than X bytes and move than to another directory, or something like that. I you have the console you can do that pretty easily.

And like people already said, nobody was complaining about windows! Only about being able to choose what they want to use as OS.

Actually, it’s the BSD guys that did a lot of the work on both accounts :wink:

So, lets go back to bashing steve balmer and leave the whole stupid windows vs linux thing behind, since both sides always show themselves to be underinformed, fanatics, and illogical…

What you said +10
+
I have nothing against windows as I believe that it is a good OS. So does linux (Actually I use both).Each OS has it’s own advantages or disadvatages.However, I find what Steve Balmer claimed illogical and tottaly stupid…

I call upon the ultamate wisdom of the 9th Doctors two favorite phrases:

Fantastic!

Stupid apes…