Although this is a permanent Work From Home position, applicants MUST RESIDE IN USA.
Must have a portfolio to be considered.
Our Company has an exciting and challenging remote opportunity for a Mid-Level Environment Artist.
What We Do
We utilize engines like Lumion and Unreal to create fully visualized construction sequences, high-end renderings, and 3D virtual tours and walkthroughs. This also includes fully interactive first-person, third-person and virtual reality experiences primarily for use on PC and mobile as well as for the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and other mixed-reality devices. We are constantly evolving and expanding the menu of virtual and augmented reality services that we offer to our clients and this expansion brings a unique set of challenges with it.
We can easily get long-winded with our job descriptions, but to attract candidates that are a good fit, we’re going to get right to the key functions/competencies of the position:
Must be very familiar with modeling software and tools like Modo/Blender/Maya and the typical requirements of a game development pipeline for a 3D Environment Artist. If you don’t know what we mean by this, please do not apply.
Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude and a strong work ethic. We work in a deadline-driven industry, so if a deliverable is due, it’ll be up to you to manage your time and workflow effectively and efficiently.
Must have impeccable communication skills. Being a good, effective, and respectful communicator is very important. Must also be willing to participate in constant communication with our partners and clients.
Must have an in-depth understanding of how to push visual quality while maintaining appropriate optimization for run-time performance. This includes, but is not limited to, knowledge of the following:
- Shaders and materials
- Must be willing to learn, experiment with new techniques and implement critiques to improve overall workflow (if you’re not into learning something new every day, this probably isn’t for you).
- Trust and integrity are “tops” in our book.
- Being professional, in every sense of the word, is of paramount importance.
- Needs to have a positive, can-do attitude (we’re hyper-entrepreneurial, and looking to grow/expand our business – “negative nelly’s” need not apply).
- Being “personable” is always a great quality to have.
- Being respectful of other people’s opinions and knowing how to professionally express your opinion is important (we’re hiring for growth, and we want you to know – your opinion matters, and your opinion will always be considered).
We’ve never been big believers that a college degree defines you, what you’re capable of accomplishing, or the value you could bring to our company. That said, if you have a degree in Video Game Design or a similar major, great. If not, it’s cool, just tell us what makes you unique!
- This is a salaried, fully remote position.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary that’s commensurate with experience/capabilities/skills.
- Health benefits.
- Generous amount of Paid Time Off.
- Typical holidays off with pay (to be better defined during the interview process).
- We strive (but can’t guarantee) that we’ll close the office (with pay) between the Christmas and New Year’s Day holiday.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Fully Remote
- Discord Server