MifthTools Addon

I’m trying to install the addon but I get this error, and can’t activate it:

http://puu.sh/fhCTx/dc5ef2ebf9.png

Using 2.73.

Ok, i did some new commits. Please, download the zip archive again and try to activate it. Will it be ok?
I use linux, blender 2.73.

hey mifth,

really nice addon but i’m using blender 2.73 on windows 8 and when using the radial clone i only get 8 clones. i see that there are properties in the toolshelf (last used tool) for angle and count but they are greyed out. is that a bug or is it just not possible to change those properties?

@Guy112: activated without problem on my end but i did install it in the user directory and not the direct blender directory

Hi. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I use 2.73 too. Dunno know what the problem is. Here is my test http://youtu.be/wZhlOoY1KkU
Could you try to download latest blender build and try again?
https://builder.blender.org/download/
Also, check the log of the blender? Is there exception or error?

There seems to be a problem with my user preference file. If i delete that the tool works fine. Not sure yet what i changed in there that is interfering with the radial clone. Will test a little more and check back when i find out. Maybe you have an idea?

EDIT: Completely redid my user preferences and it works. Kind of good/bad news for everyone who’s running into the same issue, because i still have no idea what caused it.

@mifth: thx for your really fast help :slight_smile:

@manfredp no problem. You gave me one idea to add Last clone boolean. For radial clones. I have just committed it.

Through a lucky accident I found out what was causing the troubles. Had “Global Undo” disabled. The properties can be edited just fine when enabled, not so much when disabled. ^^

Really useful addition with the last clone feature :slight_smile:

Is it possible to edit the axis after the clones are generated? I rarely use the toolshelf but call the tool from a shortcut. If that would work I could just use F6 afterwards and set not only the number of clones but also change the axis if needed.

Good that you found it.

You can use Local axis in the addon. Sorry, no other way to change axis yet.
Also, you can clone them, then select all of them and rotate.

Just Wow I can say!
Incredible stuff!!

Thank you a lot! :slight_smile:

The draw clones is looking nice, thanks for that. What do you think of replacing the ‘PickObjects’ button with a drop-down menu that can access all the Groups that are defined for the scene.

Thanks a lot!
I prefer to pick an object quickly and draw it. Using groups will complicate some things, especially if a user does not want to use groups.

I did choose my words poorly there. I should have said “…add a group selection field below PickObjects” instead of “…replace PickObjects” but that’s fine either way. What you are most comfortable with is what’s important for your work to progress I think.

Anyways I just wanted to thank you again for another tool you published. I was thinking for the past week how I might fix a mistake I made and your Clone to Selected did it quickly and saved me a lot of work. I laid out over 600 models using Shift+d before I realized that I should have been using Alt+d for performance reasons. Thanks! :slight_smile:

The problem with group is - every cloned object will be added to the group. And the group will become too big to parse it every time. Right now i don’t think that groups are the best way. Anyway, you can select a group and press PickObjects. :slight_smile:

Great that it helped you. There is also “CloneToSelected” button. You could replace all objects with one click. :slight_smile: Anyway, thanks for good words. I’ll improve DrawClones soon. It will be possible to clone along a curve/line soon.

Very powerful technique !!!
Thanks for sharing your great tool :slight_smile:

Here is an example.

I really appreciate your effort by creating this add-on.
thanks.

Hehe! :smiley:

Here is my test. Firstly I clone hair, then i rotate the hair back a bit.

Woooo This Addon is very Nice !!! :smiley: !!! Congratulation, it’s beautiful !!

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Nice try, is almost there.
this will be very useful and fast in game engines.