MifthTools Addon

Thank You for updated video.

Tai

For the draw clones, is there a way to set a random rotation to use only one axis? For example, if I want to paint trees on an uneven terrain surface, I want to ignore the terrain surface normals (so trees will point directly upwards in global Z) but I also want random rotation around only the Z axis. Is this currently possible? Thanks!

Yep,try these settings.

Thanks a lot, mate.

Are the Mifth Tools being updated along with the Mira tools for Blender 2.8?

Sure. When 2.8 will be released.

4 Likes

Hi there!
Can you demonstrate how to use this nice plugin with Blender 2.8, please?

You literally have the answer above yours…

1 Like

I just found 2.8 folder in the lastest release and thought that the plugin is was ready ))

still says WIP, but very promising :slight_smile:

Still WIP. Sorry. I just ported some small tools for Playkot studio at my area for 2.8. I’ll port other tools when I find some free time. Everything will be ported. Be sure.

7 Likes

What’s the status of the addon? Activated the 2.8 version in Blender 2.8 yet mifth’s tab don’t appear in the N-panel.

1 Like

Still unfinished. No time right now. Sorry. (

4 Likes

Hi Mifth

I’ m using a Snap version of Blender to downgrade it into 2.79 (as I have no time for learning 2.8, now.
However the Script folder is unbreakable readonly (even remount cannot do the trick).
Have you any other way of activating the mifth_tools - and/or your other tools? It could be directly the .py file as Install add-on from file" ?

Best
Phillip

Hi!
Sorry, dunno know about other way.
And Mifthtools is not ready for 2.8 yet.

1 Like

I got a work-around.
I reinstalled the old Blender version outside the Snap system - that way the readprotection of the script directory is removed / full write access :slight_smile:
Best,
Phillip

Next challenge:
A strange mouse-pressure error (attached)?

Besides, I got very limited options both in the right (N) and the left (T) menu og the Mifth-tool?

Could you please send a blend file to repeat the issue? And the steps to repeat.

1 Like

Your side write: New users cannot upload blend-attachments?

I have now uploaded the .blend file to my own server here:
www.scientific.dk/landscape-mifth-errorYT.blend

The steps are simply in object mode (Blender ver 2.79) choose the landscape, PickObjects (click on the tree), DrawClones - and when trying to draw the tree on to the landscape the errer appear !?

And why the very few options in the N and T pannel?

Really there was a bug in my code. Please, update my plugin.

1 Like