Millennium Falcon Eevee Animation

Working on my path animation skills to fly the Falcon using Eevee.

4 Likes

Hey, That’s really cool, the model is nice and animation too,
But the textures or the mesh is flickering a bit too much, if you can fix that you’ll be on your way to ILM :smiley:

Thanks, not sure how I can solve the flickering just yet I’ll have to dive a bit deeper.

Not having object motion blur in EEVEE is probably not helping. We need moblur asap.

I did use the Eevee motion blur but it definitely isn’t as nice as other motion blur’s out there, just needs time I guess.

I believe that it is only camera motion blur at this point… Hitting stuff with moblur in AE, Resolve, etc should help, but nothing can beat rendered moblur. I’m used to Octane’s moblur, which is buttery smooth.

1 Like

the animation looks very nice. But why this strange canvas size? Optimized for mobile?

Thanks, and yes It was so I could post it as an Instagram Story.

Render in 2 or 3 times the resolution, then scale it down.
This like 2x or 3x Anti-alias for every pixel.
It should give you less flickering and softer edges but it increases the rendertime 2-3 times.
For a fake motion blur, render in 60frames or even more then use frame interpolation and reduce it to your target framerate (30frames).
Both a very old tricks, but they work.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the tips!

For me this flickering would be focal length being to long or Object size being to big or small. Also check if you are running the latest drivers for your video card.

1 Like