Mine Shaft Ride

This was an environment modeling exercise that got a little out of hand.

It all started as a simple geometry nodes exercise in Blender to create a somewhat stylized mine environment from a single curve and a couple of simple models.

(Any old timers will probably remember this tutorial from the 2.49 days, which was in a way the inspiration for this exercise: https://www.blendernation.com/tutorials/blender-3d-beginner-tutorial-a-ride-through-the-mines/)

Then, after I was done with it, I felt I needed to add a little bit more to it and, as a horror fan, I just had to put a monster lurking in the dark. ::slightly_smiling_face::

For the monster I just deformed a human base mesh in sculpt mode, added a few extra loopcuts in the neck area, added a quick rig with Rigify and then created textures in Substance Painter

And here’s a simple breakdown of the mine shaft modeling:

11 Likes

A blast from the past, nice work!

2 Likes

Thank you! :nerd_face:

1 Like

This is awesome @julperado ! That tutorial was one of the first I tried when I started blender ! Super cool to see your amazing take on it !

1 Like

Thank you! I’m very glad you liked it!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!