Mini Cooper S 2007

I’ve seen a lot of cars people have modeled recently and thought I would try my hand at it.
So far I’m just focusing on getting the base shapes and topology done.
I’m not really a ‘car person’ so feedback is greatly appreciated.

Here’s the wireframe so far:

Got some work done on the roof of the car and some work around the edges, I’ve also beveled certain edges to separate different parts.

Wireframe:

Back view of the changes talked about in the post above.
Also added a mini spoiler to it, but I’m not happy with how it looks at the moment.

Wireframe:

Modeled a Mini logo

front end is good. try to focus much more on the overall shape, i think you are adding details at the wrong stage. for example don’t model the window frames now, concentrate much more on the basic shape of the entire window section; if you look at the cooper s windows in its entirety, you will find out there’s no much of extrusions to do, it is much more a “whole piece” which you can cut the frames from. hope this helps, sorry for the english, keep going!

Thanks, your feedback is very helpful. I’ve also realised I need to look at more reference images, but unfortunately I won’t have much time to work on this for the next week.

yes! reference images are the key even if you have the blueprints set right! i’ll wait for updates

Last update for a week. Modeled out the base for the inside of the car and figured out the topology for how that will work. Basically made the car more of a solid object rather than a plane.
I’ll work more on shaping the hood and the back next week.

Did some more work on the door, it’s now a separate mesh to the car itself so that it can open and close. Have also begun work on the dashboard.

Try to use Edge Split modifier.

Worked perfectly, thanks.

Started work on seating for inside the car, so far I have the bottom half of the chair modeled

Finished modeling the car seat. Not sure if I’m entirely happy with how it looks.

I’ve got a 2010 Mini JCW… I could get you some additional images if you need them. Looking really good so far.

Thanks, that’s awesome of you to offer but I should be alright for reference images.

After thickening the back of the chairs I put them in to the car itself. The proportion looks a bit off, but that could just be because there’s nothing else in the car with them.

Went on a bit of a hiatus, but I’m back. Made some more progress on the centre console. Still yet to model the gear stick and handbrake. I’m thinking of scaling the centre console up as it looks a bit too small as it currently is.

Looking very good so far!

I think the seats need to be wider, though.

Widened the seats and connected the centre console mesh to the dashboard mesh.
I’ve also begun tackling the dashboard.