Minimum requirements for Gallery and Feature Row Post

Hello BlenderHeads:
I am very pleased with the amount of effort put into the gallery and Feature Row pictures- some are just mind blowing.
However, as a blender community we should have minimum requirements for the Gallery and Feature Row Post.
These requirements in my opinion are as follow:
-A picture of the UV maps used for the particular scene.
-A wireframe view of the scene.
-A link to the users website (if applicable).
-A link to the timelapse of the scene(if applicable).
-A list of software used(if blender wasn’t the only one).

Kind regards,
npm1

PS: can a moderator make this a sticky-thank you.

Or just maybe the finished image looks really good. This is of course very subjective.

So you like them but want to restrict what we see by removing those that don’t meet these strict requirements? So there would be nothing shown unless the creator did the amount of (free) work that satisfies you? Why stop there? Why not make them do a video tutorial? Or make them come to your house and make you dinner?

Phew, I think that reply was a bit snappy :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree though, surely a cool image is enough.

Hi,
You’ve gone the wrong way in my line of thinking, it is not to restrict who post’ on the gallery; It is to create a standard, as to what would accompany their artwork. I.E. to up the forums standards. When people get into blender they’d like to see what blender can do.

This suggestion doesn’t mean giving moderators the right to remove the blender communities artwork if they don’t comply. It is simply say “when you post your awesome image of your work on this website, please accompany the suggested things”
-A picture of the UV maps used for the particular scene.
-A wireframe view of the scene.
-A link to the users website (if applicable).
-A link to the timelapse of the scene(if applicable).
-A list of software used(if blender wasn’t the only one).

Sorry if i phrased the thread wrongly

Yes, was just trying to have some fun with it. I wasn’t trying to be an a-hole, but sometimes my inner a-hole comes out to say “hi”. It probably could have used a smiley winky face. Or ten…

I don’t think anything short of a really good image should be required. Demanding someone’s methods, secrets and motivations is counter-intuitive to how one experiences something artistically.

…though a free dinner would be nice too.

(and, no, I haven’t a clue how stuff makes it into the featured row thingie – magic maybe?)

bad idea
with such requirements you would get the best images of those created with purpose of getting in the top row. only.
that would rule out many of the great pieces you get there now.
and declaration “show me how did you do that or forget about being featured” doesn’t sound right either.

A gallery entry is to reflect skill and quality. A gallery entry is not to extend effort.

Regurgitating the comparison… It’s like saying for Vincent van Gogh in order to be displayed in the Musée du Louvre he has to declare the canvas and pastels he used and write a report on his inspiration and technique. It’s just not realistic and it does nothing to bolster the art itself.

Yeah, have a look at the feature row right now - five mind blowing works of art.

I don’t see any reason to change things. Unlike some competition, not much is at stake in a gallery entry. It’s not feasible to ask people to show wireframes. Sometimes it’s not possible for them, sometimes they don’t care.

new proposed set of requirements:

1. Looks awesome.
  2. meets #1