MiraTools

No problem; we all started at some point.

Directories are platform-dependent.

If you don’t have some special installation, the manual gives you a good idea of the default places to look: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/advanced/blender_directory_layout.html

1 Like

Thank you! That answered worked it out perfectly.

2 Likes

Hello people :wave:t2:
How can I change the Addon Panel Name ?
{ maybe editing bl-name in **mi_gui.py** file }:thinking:
:eyes: I want it to be shown under → 'Edit' Panel

Edit → Solved :white_check_mark:

Just had to rename bl_category = 'Mira' to 'Edit 'in mi_gui.py file. :saluting_face:

1 Like

Mira tools 2.8 don’t work on Blender3.5

Please provide more info like what’s the error that popped up while using the addon…

For me on MacOS it’s working with blender 3.6.
The only thing that needs to be changed is the following, before the blender 4.0 alpha !!!

The blender dev’s reccomended to ask https://projects.blender.org/mano-wii
and look at this case to get more info on this to fix addons.

EDIT: More info !

There are two reasons why shaders needs to be ported:

• Addon still uses bgl that call OpenGL calls directly.
  • Shader don’t use gpu.types.ShaderCreateInfo to support cross platform source generation.

These structures have already been in place for some time, and we communicated that addon developers should use this new API. It is sadly common for developers to only port to newer API’s when it makes sense for them.

In this case it looks like he hasn’t ported his shaders to use gpu.types.ShaderCreateInfo as described on https://docs.blender.org/api/current/gpu.html. If someone requires some help they can get in contact with the Eevee/viewport module at blender.chat or in the python channel. I am happy to help out there.

@mifth

2 Likes

Thanks. I need to find some time to do these change. Maybe next weekend.

5 Likes

Hi,
I was wondering if you had any suggestions. When I use the Wrap tool with ‘TransformObjects’ selected in order to arrange some ornaments (sphere) around an object, it seems the size of ornaments (sphere) is changed. (eg: 1mm sphere becomes 1.3mm or 1.2mm etc depending where along the main object it is arranged). Maybe I’m not using the correct settings. I was wondering if its possible to lock the size of ornaments and only have them moved/arranged around the main object? (1mm sphere remains as 1mm sphere but moved in position only). I hope you can understand what I’m trying to explain

Yeah, it’s understood. It’s possible to add.

1 Like

Any progress so far?

I’ve been working on it.

2 Likes

Quick question. Since Mira tools seem to be alive again, can “bend” function be “fixed” to work a bit simpler and more like Modo’s bend? As it is now, it’s a bit imprecise and difficult to use.

Sorry, no new features are planned but I’ll think if I could find some time for this.

1 Like

@Nurb2Kea I’ve removed the BGL module. Only GPU module is used now. Could you please test it?

• Download latest and replace all old files.

@mifth

Hi, just replaced the miratools folder with the updated one from 40 min. ago.
As you can see blender finds it but the addon isn’t fully registered.

When I disable mira tools in blender 4.0 now and re-enable it I’ll get this error message:

The updated miratools are working with 3.6a/b and can be en-/disabled without problems or the error message from before (see below):

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 11.04.38 pm
System

Alright, I did a fix. Could you please download latest again and test?

1 Like

Hi,

seem to work so far from what I could test in the short time. :slight_smile:

A BIG Thank you for your effort, time & support.

2 Likes

I also did a little fix for the curve guide tool. You can update again. )

3 Likes

Yes works as intended. :slight_smile:

I fixed some math issues in the Cuve Guide again. Please, update the addon.

10 Likes