Mirror and subdivisions to sculpting

Hey guys, I´ve been trying to learn Blender for only five days now and I´m to the point where I ask questions…

So basically I have a model (which includes a few different objects), which I want to take to the next level and sculpt it to add details. But the model is made using Mirror modifier. So my first question is if there is a way to apply the modifier permanently (I don´t want the rest of the changes nor the sculpt to be mirrored).

Second question is about subdivision for the sculpt. Do I use the Subdivision mesh tool in edit mode or do it differently? (As far as my guess goes, the modifier wouldn´t do much good here).

Thank you for any help in advance!

So my first question is if there is a way to apply the modifier permanently (I don´t want the rest of the changes nor the sculpt to be mirrored).
Press the Apply button in the modifier settings

Second question is about subdivision for the sculpt. Do I use the Subdivision mesh tool in edit mode or do it differently? (As far as my guess goes, the modifier wouldn´t do much good here).
For sculpting use the Multiresolution modifier or in the sculpt tools use Dynamic Topology

Ah… Can´t believe I missed that… Thank you :slight_smile: