Missing properties in Blender

I’m suppose to get this: http://i.imgur.com/eQTIpDy.png
but I get this instead: http://i.imgur.com/SImQNtz.png

I don’t know how this happened, help please? :frowning:

You have a lamp selected so you get contextual properties associated with that lamp. Select a mesh object and you will get the options you are looking for.

Projection painting doesn’t seem to work with Blender version 2.71.

I can’t find a tutorial that’s right for v 2.71. The closest tutorial I can find is 2.72 Youtube link below.

Both Version has different texture Image Mapping controls and in version 2.71 the UV mapping is missing.

Please see attachment of the model in texture mode. :ba:

Attachments

Why are you using an old version of blender
The painting system changes with blender 2.72. You can use multiple versions if you need 2.71 for some particular reason

An old tutorial

or

or

or many others on youtube

You ask me why I still use 2.71 because I like it and that’s the version I learned to use. I notice how the new version properties from the older version may have changed or completely dropped some things out in the newer. That PAINTING A HEAD WITH PROJECTION PAINTING Joshua Alger, I’ve watched that one. He leaves a lot of steps out and he assumes you know it his way. I’m looking for someone who knows how 2.71 works and not have me to learn a newer version of Blender every 6 months when a newer one comes out. You didn’t read my first post. You gave me Youtube staff that I’ve already seen and you didn’t answer why 2.71 wont projection paint. :no::spin::frowning:

You ask me why I still use 2.71 because I like it and that’s the version I learned to use
I learned to drive in a shitty old car that I got rid of years ago. I am still able to easily drive new cars.

Simple solution, use the updated version of blender. 99% is exactly the same as 2.71. At least you’ll know how to use projection painting, more than you can do now

Funny, how you’re calling Blender old and shitty. I guess that’s why they have to update it so much. You’re no help at all. You just some guy on here who can’t help nobody. Robot head.:mad::(:confused::rolleyes: