Missing Wireframe Edges

UPDATE: When I was getting this model in-game, I had problems exporting to NIF format and it was complaining about a global error and looked like it had something to do with vertex colors. To get it to work, I deleted every color associated to each piece of the mesh, saved it and then re-added the textures and was able to export.

It turns out that the process of deleting the materials and then re-adding them fixed the render issue. I didn’t even bother to check the render anymore until Cire sent an email to have a look at the mesh. Good news!

So if anyone is having problems with renders looking like garbage, try removing all your materials, save to a new file, open the new file and try again.

:eek::confused::yes::D;):cool::ba:

LHammonds

LHammonds: The only thing that seems to have been wrong with the first file (Shield020.blend) was that the Map Input was set to Orco. Once I changed it to UV, the render looked fine. There was no need to ‘reset’ the materials . . . though when you did for the second file, you must have fixed the problem by setting the correct mapping coordinates.

Ah ha! The true answer. Many thanks Cire! Didn’t even notice Orco was selected. I’ll have to see if there’s a way to set UV as the default. :wink:

I’ll update my previous posts so that new readers don’t have to slug through the entire topic to get the answer.

Again, thanks.
LHammonds